If you are looking to find your own fashion style and don’t know where to start, you have found the best list of types of fashion that can serve as a reference so that you reflect the best of your identity through clothing.
In the following article, Albeli will show you what are the types of fashion that exist and their characteristics. We give you some modern fashion styles to help you find the perfect look for you!
It is one of the types of fashion for men and women that have gained popularity for a few years. The hipster style arises from the urban group of the same name that originated between the 40s and 50s in the United States. They tend to be lovers of vintage things, classic movies, and both classic and contemporary art.
Hipster culture is constantly portrayed in street-style fashion photography, as it has a very particular way of interpreting style. Some characteristics of this type of urban fashion are:
- Coloured garments and dark tones.
- Skinny pants.
- Sunglasses or reading glasses.
- High-waist pants.
- T-shirts with original prints.
- Ripped jeans.
- Accessories such as gloves, scarves and handmade hats.
This is one of the types of fashion that is distinguished by reflecting an informal and casual image, in which an attempt is made to strike a balance between the functionality and comfort of clothing. Here we can find some substyles like:
It is a casual fashion style that offers a much lighter perspective than traditional business etiquette. Some of the variations that this fashion incorporates are:
- Replace dress pants with chino pants.
- Wear a suit jacket without a tie.
- Wear shoes with laces, buckles or loafers.
- For women, avoid wearing necklines and respect discreet lengths.
This type of casual fashion continues to seek elegance but uses more informal garments. It is a dress code that can work both in professional environments and in any social gathering. To make these looks, you must take into account the following considerations:
- Use good quality shirts and basic points with a sober style.
- It is common to wear classic shoes or Chelsea boots.
- Blouses, sweaters, blazers, cardigans, pants, and skirts can be worn.
- Not many plugins are required.
Purely informal style
It is the most casual fashion style of all and is reserved exclusively for creative work environments. It is also suitable for outings with friends or colleagues. Some of its features are:
- Loose-fitting cotton garments are often used.
- Sneakers are combined with jeans.
- Garments with different types of prints are accepted.
Western Classic fashion
Another of the best-known types of fashion to wear is the western classic, which is characterised by being very balanced and harmonious. It is distinguished by creating elegant and sophisticated looks, which reflect an image of seriousness and maturity. Also, in its colour palette are all sober and neutral tones, such as black, grey, blue, burgundy, and moss green, among others.
Some of the basic garments to show off a western classic fashion style are:
- White shirts and jacket suits are inevitable.
- Garments with flat or embossed fabrics are widely used.
- In the case of women, it is common to wear pencil skirts, skirts above the knees and classic cut dresses.
- The accessories should not be flashy and not exaggerated.
- Wear classic and elegant shoes, such as loafers, sandals, ballerinas, ankle boots, and oxfords.
The modern romantic style is one of the longest-lived types of fashion that dates back to ancient Greece, yet it continues to be relevant to this day. It is characterized by its floral prints, the use of ties and puffy sleeves.
In order to acquire a romantic type of fashion and look like one of the Pride and Prejudice characters, you must follow the following guidelines:
- Garments with cotton or linen fabrics.
- Cuts that help to emphasize the silhouette: fluid, geometric, linear and draped cuts.
- Romantic details with embroidery, lace or ruffles.
- Colour palette with pastel tones and a predominance of white.
It can be said that this is one of the most specialized types of fashion since it is aimed at people who practice sports. This implies that the clothing must have a functional design and be made with a material that facilitates the movement required by the sport.
Some characteristics of this type of dress fashion are:
- Elastic garments with a percentage of elastane to facilitate movement.
- Lightweight design with well-thought-out cuts and finishes to avoid friction.
- Clothing that facilitates breathability.
If you are in search of current fashion types that have gained huge popularity, then you have to know this one. The sporty chic style incorporates sports elements into the day-to-day outfit, which allows you to create an original and elegant look that achieves a balance between comfort and good dressing.
The basic garments for the sporty chic fashion style are the following:
- Sweatshirts and jackets are vital garments for this type of fashion.
- White or black sneakers are essential to put together an outfit. However, recently, platform sneakers are the ones that stand out the most.
- The use of heels is possible, which can be combined with a tracksuit or other sportswear.
- In the case of men, they can combine a jacket suit with running sneakers. It is also common to use pleated pants with sweatshirts.
It is said that this is one of the most difficult types of fashion to replicate and this is because it has very particular characteristics, such as hippie and bohemian elements, as well as some ethnic and country touches. As a result, a fresh and natural look is obtained, but also wild.
Within the boho fashion style, you can find a colour palette in which red, black, ocher and earth tones predominate. In addition, topics related to art and culture are highly valued.
Some considerations to wear this fashion are:
- Clothes made of yarn, denim, suede or crochet.
- Include some garments with a fluid and long cut for greater movement, such as skirts, dresses, kimonos and overalls.
- Use exotic accessories such as hats, bags, belts, bracelets, cowboy boots, etc.
- Cardigans and ponchos with ethnic prints are perfect to complete the look.
- Flared jeans are a boho-style staple.
Now that you know the different types of fashion and their characteristics, it’s time to build your own style that makes you feel unique and special. Remember that these are just trends, because the most important thing is to dress according to how you feel most comfortable.